Matt and I have a hectic time at the weds night races

7-21-2010

Matt and I had scheduled to meet for the races weds evening, he got caught in traffic. This made for our late start and left us trailing throughout the evening.

I received little text msg's from him as he got closer and closer, meanwhile I watched all the other boats pull out of their slips. When the "rabbit" pulled out, I knew we were going to have to give up on the start.

The winds were pretty hard when the skipper meeting concluded. I spoke with Luther from the yacht club and asked what he thought. he suggested a smaller headsail and I concurred. The little scrap of ancient dacron we had up did next to nothing and the wind died down as the fog rolled in. I opted for a sail change once we rounded the windward mark and headed of on a reach. We were busy enough throughout the race that we had no time to catch up or even have a beer. It was fun, but just served t remind me how far I have come and still have yet to go.


Comments

Popular Posts