Winter Sailing

This weekend saw light winds and a couple of days of sailing. Had a beautiful sail down to Redwood City Harbor friday with low winds and a wonderful spinnaker run through the San Mateo bridge before jibing over and heading toward the harbor.

This was to make it easier for myself and crew to meet up at Sequoia Yacht Club for the first of their Mid Winter Series of races. Initially, I signed us up for the non-spinnaker class, but opted after learning that I would not be able to switch when we felt better about launching and dropping the kite. I signed us up and we went ahead and flew it on our first downwind run. The second run, we had an issue with one of the sheets and couldn't fly it again, so poled out the jib.

After dropping my crew off I turned around and had a two hour motor under a sublime sunset back to Coyote Point. It was a beautiful day.

Comments

Popular Posts