Santana 22 Chainplates and Bulkheads

New Years Eve.
Finally got a moment and a weather window which coincided which allowed me some time with the boat. I am in the process of beefing up the chainplate attachments inside the boat. Who knows how long there has been water intrusion into the bulkhead, but I don't want to take any chances. If I had the boat in my driveway, I'd likely take the entire bulkhead out and replace it. Since I don't and I am unsure whether it is really worth radical surgery on this hull, I opted to reinforce the chainplate area. I saw a similar thing done on a sport boat and read something about another boat type where this is a common fix.
























Other things I have been working on that are nearing completion, The new mast step and the arch.


Comments

Popular Posts