Cabin Sole & Berth bases are in...

Classic, I went up this Friday past intending to go for a quick sail and then apply another coat of paint to the bert bases.  Got up to San Mateo and realized I didn't have any sails on the boat.  The wind was up and I was Bummed.  However, it didn't take long for the wind to get to the point where I would have had to reef, so maybe it was Ok after all.

Touched up interior
I still see all the flaws.  In a better world, i would have the time to really get in there with a sander and hit everything before sealing and repainting.  For the time being, this will have to do.  Vacuumed out all the remaining dust from the fiberglass work as well as some old flaking paint from up in the bow.  The big bummer of a mistake I made was after struggling ( I mean really struggling, like with a hammer ) to get the berth bases in, I realized they were reversed.  I had promised myself this wouldn't happen, but I was distracted and rushed, not a good combo.  After bending in the pieces and then finessing the fit by force, I discovered the nice face of the wood was on the wrong side.  Damn damn damn.  Still I am just happy to not have a constant rain of crap falling of the rotting berths.  I didn't bother to paint the area by the keel bolts, what's the point?  Just keep adding more layers of paint to an area that is honestly better off without it?

After painting and vacuuming, I cleaned out my dock box and took out the fuel tank and any other junk I have up there in preparation of the move to Alameda.  I am really looking forward to sail or motor up there.  The tides will be against me the whole way, so I am being sarcastic.  I will try to hit it when the tide is not ripping, but it could be ugly.  Current forecast is mild, but that is a week away, everything could change before then.

Comments

Popular Posts