Viking 19E sewing machine



While visiting family, I swung though a hospice support thrift store.  Came across this great condition Viking Husqvarna 19E sewing machine.  I happily paid the asking price and managed to stuff it into the car for the return trip.

Didn't include the original manual including instead the manual for a later model.  Fortunately there are a couple of good videos on Youtube outlining basic function and thread path.  I was in the process of lubricating and cleaning it up in my studio when I discovered that in our absence from the house, we have had a flea hatching and my study is lousy with them.  This is because we have dogs, but more importantly, we found a couple of opossum kits abandoned in the garage portion of my studio.  They were lousy with the little biters and before we dropped them at wildlife rescue they must have dropped off a bunch of eggs.

I flea bombed last night, but will have to do the full mitigation when i have a chance.  Updates on the machine will have to wait till then.  Still, i am stoked to play with this new old machine.

Comments

Unknown said…
Just bought one, can't wait to play with it too. What an awesome addition for my quilting addiction.
JackieNY said…
Just got one today. Very excited! Still haven’t found threading instructions but found this site while looking. :-)
Unknown said…
hi guys, I have a 19E but it is stuck in reverse. Any idea how to fix it myself? I took it into a repair shop and they said it wasn't worth it, but I hate to throw it away.
Glancy Corner said…
They do that - the 19E's get stuck in reverse. Before your take it to the repair place, get sewing machine oil and put one drop of oil in each plastic surrounded hole. Let it sit for a couple of days and get out some play fabric and work with the button. I have been sewing on of these WONDERFUL machines for almost 50 years and it's still my favorite. They do need tune ups. Do not oil too often. Manytimes, it get stuck due to little use. My sewing maching guy says these machines last longer the more they are used. Good luck.
cantwait! said…
Hi!
I have a 19e, it won't sew a completely straight stitch. Any thoughts?

Popular Posts