Time cycling shoes

Out for a ride today. The plan to head out the creek trail up past the Lexington dam around the reservoir and back. An easy ride with a combination of dirt with some rolling hills and a couple short climbs. A the start of the climb up the dams face, I noticed my left shoe was feeling loose. Cinched it up and began to really climb. The ripping sound was not especially impressive as the upper part of the shoe tore away from the sole, which remained attached to the pedal. 5 miles back wasn't bad, I am just cringing at replacing twenty year old shoes.

Update 7-2014
I have confirmed that Time no longer makes shoes to fit my old pedals.  I could possibly try to find some replacements on ebay, but it looks more likely that I will have to replace the shoes and the pedals, dang, I liked these shoes.

Comments

Popular Posts