Float test Whittier Dory

Whittier Dory atop the S10
No posts in forever.  Regardless, I think I posted somewhere that either I splash this thing or chop it up for discard.  Too many projects, too much going on in life and profession, family time.  So, screw craftsmanship and get it done.

Needed to do a float test, took it to my brothers pool and dropped it in.  Though this boat is light ( and I could have made it lighter ) it is too heavy to get on the cart by myself.  Two men, no problem.  Maybe it is about 100lbs.  Found i pin hole in the bow, can use it as as, but would like it to be completely dry.  Think this came from last year when I managed to catch about ten inches of water in the boat.  The pressure found a little leak and now it is there somewhere.  Sand, resin and paint.


It is about as tippy as any little flat bottom boat.  With me and a child, it draws about 4 inches.  Leaving about 6" to go in the dagger board box.  

Comments

Popular Posts