Feist all day everyday forever - KMTG Radio


 Doing errands yesterday and while "scanning" the radio frequencies, I came across a fun little song.  I loved the quality of the vocals and the instrumentation.  A little poppy for my tastes, but guilty pleasures...

So, I am ticking along and the song has gone on a while.  I keep awaiting the station break, so I can ,maybe, catch the name of the tune, but it doesn't end.  After 10 minutes or so, I have parked and am starting to feel trapped.  Ok, look up the radio station to see if there is a live playlist, nope.  I am thinking this must be some kind of extended remix.  A search of the lyrics, reveals the artist, Feist.  Song title is "1234" and runtime is 3 minutes 3 seconds. Now that is a long weird remix.

At least now I am free to get some shopping done.  30 minutes or so, back in the car and the song is still looping.  Drive home, still going around.  I can now clearly identify the carefully done loop point.

I am on the edge of the stations range and the signal is ghosting in and out, still going round and round.

After some research I find it is a high school radio station from Pioneer High School KMTG, which is under a shelter in place order and this tune has likely been looping for months, thousands of times.  As a piece of Art, conceptually, I love this.  One song, going round and round, about love and loss of love tracing its way across the solar system, speed of light.

Obviously that is a stretch, if the signal starts to fade at 20 miles, then propagation into the stars is a bit much, still I like the idea, and in this case, that's all that matters.

Feist, all day everyday, forever, until the electricity runs out....

Comments

Popular Posts