Captain Eddie Rocks



Finished making a set of hollowing tools as per Captain Eddie's video and they rock!  I have a nice
Sorby hollowing tool that I do love, but it isn't long enough.  I found that my wrist was getting tired and beat up on larger vessels made of dryer wood.  I figured more leverage would help ( I was also considering making my own captive hollowing system but went for ease at the moment ).

So, I haven't used them much at this point, but for the deep small vessel I am currently working on, this new tool made a huge difference.  I was initially skeptical that "super glue"  would actually hold the tip, but it did indeed hold.  I was also able to tuck the tool handle under my arm to relieve some of the wrist strain, Nice!  Total length of the new tool is around 40 inches and the handle is made from some maple which was from an old dance studio.


Here is the video outlining how to construct the tool.

Comments

Popular Posts