Up early this morning, this is the new weekday schedule.  Opted to do an old standard ride, Almaden Quicksilver.  Short, 10ish miles, 1000 feet of climbing right away and close enough to not make it a big deal.  Felt better about this ride than the last.  The Motobecane is doing a lot better since I figured how to adjust the front disk brake.  Can still "horn" a little, but it is bearable.  I used to do this on my mountain bike when I needed a quick work out.  Just like I recall, except I actually miss the suspension fork of the mountain bike.  Have to be a lot more alert for weirdness in the trail.  Also noted the new bike feels like it might wash the front wheel in loose stuff pretty easily.  Had to handle the off camber turns judiciously.


Back early enough to put a dent in a few projects.  Not much to mention other than I had time to rough out a huge maple bowl, finish some sanding and rough turn a vase out of this amazingly colored wood which I have not a clue as to what it is.  Bummer....







Comments

Popular Posts