Audionautic Radio :12 - Time Dilation



This morning I was really pleased to be included in a stream by Audionautic on Youtube.  So often the creative effort seems so much like screaming/speaking/mumbling into the void, except you get to have analytics to see if anyone has ever listened to or viewed a piece.  As a visual artist, my owrk has been in many shows and as a photographer for artists, my craft has been seen by many people, but it is difficult to quantify that exposure.  So, as far as connection to a community goes, it is about a break even affair.  


Creating is an act of what exactly?  Is it an act of privilege, of idleness (I have time not being used to feed myself or family).... I am going to say faith.    I have, on occasion, had the opportunity to talk about ART and creativity.  I value ART, I value the skills of craft, I value the experience of art making and I value the view of the world through the lens of metaphor and interpretation.  The conversations about ART, and teaching etc.  


So, I make things.  For a while it was technology based art.  Then wooden bowls and other things.  Now I also compose and perform music.  And it is really special, especially in Covid world, to be able to connect with other like minded artists, share work and craft, and generally celebrate creativity.

Comments

Popular Posts