Batch Three....Dusseldorf Altbier


5-9

Yeah, I digress, but so what, who actually reads this but me anyway.

Gearing up for batch #3, a Dusseldorf Altbier. I have no idea what that is or have any expectations as to how it will taste, but on to the new.

To date I have brewed a Red Ale and a Porter, both turned out well and I am enjoying many of the benefits of home brewing. Things like less of a head ache after drinking a few and better taste. I also like the idea of beer that is still alive, full of things swimming around, I'll have to drag out the microscope and smear a couple of slides. I like the idea of microbes doing work, chemistry etc. Photochemistry is a little more complicated if mixing from scratch, but not much. This is more like baking bread...yeast, it all comes down to yeast and their little farts.

To make five gallons of beer, you have to dechlorinate six gallons of water. I have a five gallon brew kettle and a couple of 3 gallon stew pots. Just enough. I've been getting me brew kits from Fermentation Solutions in Campbell, Ca. Good people and helpful.


Comments

Popular Posts