Marking the seat height in the hull.

tools of the trade, just before clean up

Slow progress at the moment.  The weather has not been a factor, more an issue of not enough hours in the day.  Still, there has been some little headway. I reread the build notes and found the seat height is marked out by fixing a pen or pencil to a 9" tall box and the sliding it along the bottom of the hull.  I had been contemplating a laser level of some kind.  So, there is a small amount of rocker built into this hull form, somewhere between a 1/2 inch to an inch over the eleven feet of waterline.  The rowing benches are to be located at 9inches from the bottom.  Since I expect to make mine boxes and not boards, I will have to figure the shapes with templates made from cardboard before making them from wood.  These I plan to glass in and put access doors into.  



Sharpy, with the cap on.


Comments

Popular Posts