Whittier Dory build progressing

Tape applied along edges
The dory is in this slow growth phase.  It is all incremental steps.  I wanted to get the tape on the edges even though it might have been better to wait until I had glassed the bottom.  The issue with that is I have to figure out the keel box and get it installed before doing the bottom.  Looking at the drawings I am not seeing a measurement for how high the seats are supposed to be.  I think this is because they are supposed to coincide with the lapstrakes.  I'll have to revisit the ribs drawings and see if there are notes there.  Also there is no angle noted for the sweep back of the keel board.  I get to make it up.  It makes me wonder why have a sweep back at all except I think it causes less of an impact if you hit something with a swept back keel board, plus it might sluff off seaweed etc.

Still, once I turn it over I can get the water tight compartments in and the rowing stations.  I went around the hull today and put little circles around all the unfilled hull penetrations, little screw holes from the removed ribs etc.  Just want to make sure I get them filled before going much further.

Comments

Popular Posts