doomoob

Over the last couple of days I have been experimenting with a couple of new processes/software. The results of that experimentation is doomoob.  If I could have reversed a capital "D" I would have,  just liked the way the letters looked this way.  It started with the idea of doom mood and ended up with the reversible "doomoob".

I have been playing with "Fantastic Voyage" a piece of software that looks like it may well have been prototyped on Max.  I thought seriously about doing this myself after trying the demo, but it was cheap enough I decided to support a fellow artist.  The matrix is a huge pain in the ass and there are some important misspellings in the guide, but they are forgivable.  Still the matrix object is super confusing.  I wish the routing was easier...

The other software s a VJ software called "RemixVideo Pro".  It is not bad and has the benefit of being super easy.  It can "link" to Ableton and recognizes my controllers no muss or fuss.  I have a couple of complaints, but they aren't really worth mentioning.  My only strong feeling; I wish it was more responsive to external sound.  This bugs me, but I can work around it I guess.

One of my friends contributed to the track. Steve Davis is a talented sculptor and loves to play guitar.  He was nice enough to give me some time to run his guitar atop my base tracks.  I actually really love this track.  I mean, if you don't love your own art, what is the fucking point anyway...


Comments

Popular Posts