SDrum Midi Connection





More info on the MIDI clock from the Digitech SDrum.  As I mentioned in my previous post on this subject, MIDI Clock is indeed transmitted via the Jamsync cable.  I confirmed this with Ableton Live and was able to control the DAW tempo as well as its starting and stopping.

That is cool, but why use an SDrum if you have tracks in a sequencer? Presumably you'd like to control loopers or other devices which are MIDI capable.

For me this would be a Line 6 M5 effects pedal.  I picked one of these up used and am please with it so far.  Dead simple in terms of MIDI sync.  All syncable MIDI effects are synced sync once the MIDI signal is detected.  There is a little fudging with the units settings, but it is relatively simple.

The only unfortunate thing so far is, the MIDI out is not a MIDI Thru.  So, if you try to continue to run the signal after the Line 6, it will have to be done via a splitter or something.

Update:  Apparently, even though it transmits MIDI Clock, it doesn't receive it.  At least not that I can solve.  Bummer.



Comments

Popular Posts